1. Implementation of Apprenticeship Training Scheme under the Apprentices Act, 1961-Survey/Resurvey of establishments, registration of contracts of apprentices and maintenance of progress records of all the establishments and their apprentices regularly.
2. Inspection of establishments and Basic Training centre for quality control of Apprenticeship Training Scheme.
3. Inspection of Industrial Training Institutes for assessing basic training and Related Instruction facilities.
4. Conducting Progressive Trade Test in establishments periodically for evaluation and organizing All India Test in the region and awarding National Apprenticeship Certificate to successful apprentices.
5. Arranging Trade Committee Meetings and Regional Apprenticeship Advisory Committee meetings in accordance with the directives of DGT, New Delhi from time to time.
6. Implementation of SDIS/ MES Scheme for Skill Development in the concerned region as per directives of DGT, New Delhi.
7. Co-ordinating affiliation activities with state directorate for grant of affiliation to Govt. /Pvt. ITIs as per norms of NCVT from time to time.